Goals of the Diocesan Youth Council
- To assist in assuring active participation of youth in Diocesan events.
- To assist in interpreting the needs of youth and advocate for their concerns to the Diocesan Youth Office officials.
- To represent the youth of the Diocese in various capacities and to encourage the Diocese to attend to their needs.
- To further Christian growth through involvement in developing programs for youth. This shall be accomplished through observation, discussion, and action.
Duties of the Diocesan Youth Council
This body of representatives from parishes and Catholic High School is called to:
- Bring the youth of the Diocese together to gather the needs and concerns of their peers within the Diocese of Amarillo and gain input for the planning and implementation of the numerous Diocesan youth formation programs.
- Meet at least three times each year as a council to share information, plans, ideas, and to be mentored by key adults in the area of youth ministry.
- Participate in planning and implementing of programs designed for younger and older adolescents
- Maintain communication with youth of the Diocese in a variety of ways including articles written by youth to youth in the Diocesan Catholic West Texas Paper, though special mailings and publications, through personal efforts, and through special focus group sessions.
- Maintain communication with Diocesan officials through letters and personal meetings throughout the year.
- Maintain a high level of commitment and responsibility by holding each other accountable for their actions and follow through on assignments.