March 17, 2016
Amarillo—The Diocese of Amarillo is once again offering adults who have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation the opportunity to prepare for the reception of the Sacrament, according to Sister María Elena Ferrer, SSND, director of the Diocesan Office of Faith Formation.
“Each year, the Diocese of Amarillo offers adults who have not received the Sacrament of Confirmation the opportunity to prepare for the reception of the Sacrament, first of all, by contacting the local parish pastor to seek admission into the process,” she said.
Sister María Elena added that an adult who wishes to receive the Sacrament of Confirmation this spring is asked to do the following:
• Contact the pastor of your respective parish;
• Attend the Confirmation classes at the parish level (for those who are 17 years of age or older and meet the criteria of the diocesan guidelines, as found in the Handbook of Faith Formation, issued in 2011).
• Attend the Confirmation Retreat at St. Mary’s Cathedral, 1200 South Washington, Amarillo, on Saturday, March 19, beginning at 9:00am;
• Present the necessary documentation including the baptismal certificate on the day of the retreat; and,
• Receive the Sacrament of Confirmation at St. Mary’s Cathedral. You must consult your pastor for the date and time of your deanery celebration of Confirmation.
The Confirmation Retreat at St. Mary’s Cathedral will take place March 19 from 9:00am to 4:00pm. The Retreat will be offered in both English and Spanish and all candidates are expected to attend this retreat, according to Sister María Elena. The Retreat will end with Mass at 4:00pm, celebrated by Bishop Patrick J. Zurek.
For additional information, please contact the pastor of your respective parish.