Amarillo—The sixth annual Bishop’s Gala, hosted by the Catholic Foundation of the Texas Panhandle, is set for Friday, May 5 at Amarillo Country Club, 4800 Bushland Blvd.
Keynote speaker will be Cardinal Óscar Andrés Rodríguez Maradiaga, Archbishop of Tegucigalpa, Honduras.
Chairing this year’s Gala are Belinda and Greg Britten, parishioners at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Amarillo.
Past recipients of Gala proceeds include St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church in Turkey, who with proceeds from the 2015 event were able to install air conditioning for their parish hall. In 2016, funds were raised for St. Mary’s Church, Clarendon to complete a new parish hall and for the Bishop DeFalco Retreat Center, Amarillo, to repair the air conditioning in the lobby and the offices.
Proceeds from this year’s Gala will go toward the operational expenses of Holy Cross Catholic Academy, the only secondary Catholic School in the Diocese of Amarillo.
Activities begin with Social Hour at 6:30pm, with a sit down steak dinner at 7:30. The evening will also include a casino and prizes for the top three winners at the tables. There will also be a TapSnap Photo Booth, with instant print and digital capabilities for backgrounds and props.
One of the highlights of the Bishop’s Gala is a Live Auction. Among the items to be auctioned include:
• A meal for two, four, six or eight people, prepared by Bishop Patrick J. Zurek and served in his home, La Maison de l’évêque, a meal reminiscent of the Left Bank of Paris and served on historical china from the diocesan Museum;
• A New York Broadway Package with two tickets to two Broadway shows of your choice, including airfare;
• A Private Historian’s Tour of the U.S. Capital, including airfare and three nights stay with breakfast at the Fairmont Hotel;
• A getaway to Broadmoor Resort in Colorado Springs;
• A contemporary Gold and Diamond necklace and earrings, donated by Goodin’s Jewelry in Amarillo;
• A Family and Friends Stay in a cabin at Lake Mackenzie, near Silverton, with a cabin that sleeps 10, hiking and dirt bike trails, swimming and dock fishing; and,
• A limited edition framed print by noted Catholic artist Jack Sorenson.
Tickets for the Bishop’s Gala are $100 per person or $1,500 for a benefactor table of eight. Tickets can be purchased online at www.amarillodiocese.org/gala. Sponsorship and advertising opportunities are still available. They include:
• Gold Level, beginning at $2,500;
• Silver Level, beginning at $2,000; and,
• Bronze Level, beginning at $1,500.
Tax receipts will be issed for $25 per ticket and tickets are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please contact Richard at 383-2243, ext. 130, or via email, email@example.com for more details and benefits of Gala Sponsorships.
Checks for tickets and sponsorships should be made payable to “Diocese of Amarillo” and stubbed “Bishop’s Gala.” Seating is limited.
Unable to attend?
Please consider supporting the Gala, through the donation option in the “purchase ticket” section on the gala page,
“The Bishop’s Gala provides an opportunity for fun and fellowship, surrounding the worthy goal of supporting the missionary outreach of our diocese,” said Richard. “Gather together your friends and family for this exciting event!”
For more information or to purchase tickets, please contact Helen Sage at 517-1570; Sandy Riney at 359-6706; or Belinda Britten at 420-1030.