April 6, 2016
Amarillo—The Diocese of Amarillo and the Catholic Foundation of the Texas Panhandle will host the fifth annual Bishop’s Gala Friday, April 29, beginning at 6:30pm at Amarillo Country Club, 4800 Bushland Blvd.
Chairing the Gala are Gerald and Truetta Brandt, parishioners at St. Thomas the Apostle Church, Amarillo.
The evening will begin with a social hour, followed by a seated dinner, a short performance by the choir from Holy Cross Catholic Academy, after dinner comments by Bishop Patrick J. Zurek, a live auction, dance and casino tables.
There will also be a raffle for an opportunity to win a framed, signed and numbered print of Answered Prayers by Jack Sorenson, depicting St. Mary’s Church, Clarendon, in days past.
Proceeds from this year’s Gala will go toward the parish hall at St. Mary’s Church, Clarendon and for heating and air conditioning repairs for the front office and lobby of the Bishop DeFalco Retreat Center, Amarillo.
Live auction items include:
• A meal for up to four couples, prepared by Bishop Zurek, served in his home;
• A New York City Broadway Package, with a choice of two Broadway shows, airfare and a three-night stay at the New York Hilton Midtown;
• A Utah Alpine Ski Retreat, with Park City lift tickets, a three-night stay at the Hyatt Centric Lodge and airfare;
• A Pinehurst Resort Golf Package, with a four-night stay at Pinehurst Resorts Holly Inn, with rounds of golf;
• A Santa Fe hotel and spa package;
• Two matching pieces of jewelry donated by Paul Goodin, owners of Goodin’s Jewelry, Inc. in Amarillo. The two matching pieces are made of 14kt white gold and set with pink, brown and white diamonds. One of the pieces is a ring that contains 75 Points or 3/4 of a carat of diamonds. The other piece of jewelry are earrings that contain 1/2 carat of the combination of pink, white, and brown diamonds. The two pieces have a combined value of $3300; and,
• A Dove Hunt with lunch provided.
Tickets are $75.00 per person and Benefactor tables are $1,200 for a table for eight. Sponsorship and advertising opportunities are available. They include:
• Gold Level, beginning at $2,500;
• Silver Level, beginning at $2,000; and,
• Bronze Level, beginning at $1,500.
Please contact Kim Richard, director of Development and Stewardship for the Diocese of Amarillo at 383-2243, ext. 130, or via email at email@example.com for more details and benefits of Gala Sponsorships.
Checks for tickets and sponsorships should be made payable to “Diocese of Amarillo” and stubbed “Bishop’s Gala.”
Professional photography will be provided by Gray’s Studio of Amarillo. Pictures from last year’s Gala have been printed and guests can pick them up at the Gala or by contacting Richard.
Providing music for this year’s gala will be Jack Light and Kyle Arrant of DJ Entertainment.
“The Bishop’s Gala promises an evening of fun, fellowship, outstanding food and enjoyable entertainment, all surrounding the worthy cause of supporting our sister parish in Clarendon and the Bishop DeFalco Retreat Center,” said Richard. “Gather together with our family and friends for this exciting event on April 29.”
For more information or to purchase tickets, please contact Helen Sage at 517-1570; Sandy Riney at 359-6706; or, Kathryn Brown at 383-2243, ext. 119.