February 16, 2015
Amarillo—The public is invited to attend the groundbreaking for a new Chancery building for the Diocese of Amarillo. The groundbreaking will take place Saturday, Feb. 28 at 11:00am at the future home of the new chancery, west of Knights of Columbus Council #4635 Hall at 4502 Northeast 24
When completed, the new 33,000 square foot building will replace the existing Chancery building at 1800 North Spring, which has served the diocese since its dedication on Jan. 28, 1954.
This will be the second free-standing Chancery building for the Diocese of Amarillo in its nearly 89-year-old existence. The original Chancery was located at Sacred Heart Cathedral at 817 Taylor from 1929 to 1937. The Chancery was then relocated to 1110 Washington until 1953.