May 16, 2016
Vatican City (CNS)—As the Year of Mercy continues, Pope Francis has a full calendar of jubilee events and special Masses with priests, the sick and people who regularly perform the corporal works of mercy.
The calendar of papal liturgies in June, July and September also includes the canonization Sunday, Sept. 4 of Blessed Teresa of Kolkata and the canonizations Sunday, June 5 of Blessed Mary Elizabeth Hesselblad, who refounded the Bridgettine Sisters in the early 1900s, and Blessed Stanislaus Papczynski, founder of the Marian Fathers of the Immaculate Conception.
The calendar, released by the Vatican May 13, includes:
• Mass Friday, June 3, the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and the conclusion of the jubilee for priests.
• Mass Sunday, June 5 for the canonizations of Blesseds Hesselblad and Papczynski.
• Mass Sunday, June 12 for the jubilee for the sick and persons with disabilities.
• An ordinary consistory Monday, June 20 to vote on several canonization causes.
• A papal trip to Armenia Friday, June 24-Sunday, June 26.
• Mass and the blessing of palliums for new archbishops Wednesday, June 29, the feast of Sts. Peter and Paul.
• A papal trip to Poland Wednesday, July 27-Sunday, July 31 for World Youth Day in Krakow.
• Mass Sunday, Sept. 4 for the canonization of Blessed Teresa and the conclusion of the jubilee for those engaged in the works of mercy.